Monday, May 06, 2013

Why My BIBLE is Part of My Diet


Self-discipline is hard.
That is why part of my daily routine MUST be Bible reading.

Think of somebody you really really love.  Maybe your spouse, your child, or a best friend.  Do you know them well?  Do you know what they like?  What they like about you?  What they need, want, and expect from you?
Probably so.

Who should we love most of all? Of course, it is God.  How can we really love him if we do not know him?
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.  John 15:10

If we love Him, we will follow Him - we will control ourselves - we will not be so pre-occupied with food and our own desires, but with living our best lives for HIS glory!

How can we get to love Him so much?  By getting to know Him.  How do we get to know Him so well?  By reading His Word, meditating on it, praying and praising in the ways He has gifted you.

Does anyone else have a hard time finding the time for prayer, or what some refer to as their "quiet time"?  I've found that the best time is your own peak time of the day.
Some people are morning people.  They have the most clarity first thing in the morning.
Some of us are night owls.  We have the most clarity when we are winding down from the day - while we are reflecting on everything that has happened.
And some are energized most mid-morning or in the early afternoon.
Whatever time is your best time is the best time to study the Word and pray.  Find your own time.

I am hopeful, and I'll even say certain, that getting to know Him better will help me desire things of God so much more than anything of this world - including food.
For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit for what is contrary to the sinful nature.  Gal 5:17



post signature

No comments: