Friday, July 15, 2005

Miss Mandee

You would think that a week at camp in the middle of the summer would be miserable. You would think that sleeping in a cabin for a week with 13 5th and 6th grade girls would nearly kill me. You would think that hearing "Miiiiiss Maaaaandeeeeeee" 1,875 times a day would wear me out.

I LOVE CAMP !!!!!

I had such a great time that I wish I could make a career of it! My girls were the bestest and the sweetest. I cried when I told them goodbye, but the tears went away shortly after I got home and the emails started coming. They loved me too! I can't wait to see them all again. I'm planning on visiting their churches and taking them all to a Baron's game soon :)
All of this kids stuff is making me think. Don't worry, this isn't a post about baby fever. Anyone who has read my blog has been made fully aware that I am not so pleases with my job. Why not children's ministry?? I think I'd be good at it. I could make a difference! I could learn so much from them. I could give of myself in a way that I know matters. I'm so eager to learn how I can do this. I'm also considering school...maybe become a school counselor. There is a program at Montevallo that would allow me to get my teaching certificate and my Master in Counseling Education relatively quickly. I'm trying to learn more about Southeastern Bible College too.
So...pray for this to happen! I feel like I'm really learning what I'm supposed to be doing with my life now.

No comments: