Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sad News

A coworker of mine just found out that his 20-year-old daughter was killed in a car accident this morning. My frist reaction was to reach out to him; to do something to take away the pain and the panic. But there isn't anything I can do for him right now. God has to take care of him.
Times like this make you really think about your values. What is really important? Does it really matter if I have a nice car? Does it really matter if Ken notices that I've had 1/16th of an inch trimmed off of my hair? Does it really matter what size I wear?
If I were to be gone tomorrow I don't think I care about any of those things. If a loved one was gone tomorrow I don't think I would care about any of those things. Do the people around me know how much they mean to me? Have a made a Kingdom difference?
What is your regret if tomorrow never comes? I want to do something about mine.
God, please help me to see what really matters. Take away any pride or selfishness
I have and make my heart new. I want to live to appreciate the Joy You have blessed me with. I want to live like tomorrow isn't coming...no regrets. Thank you for my life and my loved ones. I pray in your Son's name, Jesus Christ my Savior! Amen

No comments: