Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Vacation - All I Ever Wanted

I have had that song stuck in my head all day. I had a 5-day weekend and now I'm back. At work. At this desk. Working. Yuck.
I really needed the time off. I needed the time with Ken and my family and the kids, but it makes it so much harder to face this place again!
I spent a lot of time with the people I love doing the things I enjoy for my birthday weekend. It was nice, but probably one of the most sedate birthdays I have ever had. Up until this year, I have spent the month of May making sure everyone knew it was my birthday month. Why is 26 so much less exciting? I'm almost disappointed in myself.
I'm not disappointed in anyone else. In fact, everyone that loves me did what they normally would for my birthday and it was quite lovely! In fact, Amber gave me a painting she did of a boot...her very first piece that her art teacher didn't touch and its mine!!! I can't tell you how much that means to me :)
So, anyway...great weekend, not so happy to get back here. But my attitude is different. I'm feeling more secure and settled now. I'm sure God's got much more work to do on me now though. That was the whole point of this...I got my attitude adjustment. :)
Such a rambler...

No comments: