- "teacherpreneurs" BE ONE!
- creating a dynamic and flexible learning environment
- transforming public education through digital technologies
- re-imagining teaching as a well-compensated career - What if organizations like United Way or Big Brothers/Big Sisters helped compensate???
- "Fine line between those who teach in schools and those who lead them."
www.teaching2030.org Link to blog from here.
What do we want to see in 19 year?
- Best person teaching kids where they are (geographically) - no matter where YOU are
- more than 1 adult in the room - more one-on-one, sharing strategies, collaboration/professional growth
- Teachers having a voice in legislation - they need info. from the classroom to base decisions on, must balance their concern for student safety - address their security online
- No more pigeon holes
- Who does the responsibility of solving school problems belong to? US!
- Teacher led school????
- Daily transparency in our classroom - if we all do it on a daily basis, it become the norm and others are expected to follow suit.
- Teachers need to be marketers! Who is the marketing expert at your school? What can they teach your faculty about getting the word out?
- Every school has so much untapped potential that can solve the real problems.
- Educate parents at the beginning and keep them updated - then they aren't afraid to speak up for their own child.
- SHOW each other what we are doing - convince principals to have a SMACK DOWN session :)
- What is hindering us? We know what to do correctly, but what's in the way?
- Check out Sir Ken Robinson!!! TED talks, etc.
Session 2 - Room 317 - Student Presentation Tools
- Interactive Noteboook - first day project, create a Glogster to introduce yourself and print it out
- WEB 2.0 - Somebody has created a tool online to use for free!
- PREZI has a meeting button now.
- Xtranormal ...seeing things on the edu site that wouldn't be good for my babies though!
- Virtual Field Trips for research
- Presentation Tools: Mix book, photostory, Wix, storybird, zooburst, tikatok, Our Story, ZFlip
- A project is just the result, not the lesson. What are they DOING??? NOT what are they making???
Session 3 - Today's Classroom - Amanda Stone, Dana Joyner, Mandee McDonald
Global access, connecting, collaborating, creating, and LEARNING THEIR WAY!
What defines a classroom of today?
- mutual respect
- risk taking
Inquiry Based Learning - now What we know, but HOW we come to know...replace lesson plans with facilitated learning plans
- natural progression of differentiated instruction
Technology: Not about the tool, must inhance curriculum, technology has become default for "effort", IS about connecting, collaborating, social networking, PAPERLESS
- Their needs?
- Design their own assessment and assess each other
- Where are they going?
- They tell you what they know and need to know
- They can be experts too - they teach us
Collaboration site - Lisa Parisi in New York
TWEETS from other sessions:
Can you describe what your (school, classroom, yourself) in 140 characters?
Let's put our kids outside to do science! Expose them 2 the world, tear down walls so meaningful experiences can take place!#Edcampbham