Sunday, January 26, 2014

10,000 Reasons

I have a little friend we will call OM.  His favorite song is O My Soul, as he calls it.  The real name of the song is 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman.
Since OM loves this song, and a lot of other people do, I've heard it about 10,000 times!  And I have always loved it.
Today, we sang it at church and one certain part just really spoke to me.  More on that in a minute.

We all have things that we ask God for. And wait.  And ask some more.
And wait…
And beg God for…
And wait…
And wait some more.
Those deepest desires of our hearts that we hope and hope for.  Those things that would make you feel whole and complete.
I can think of a few of those things.  One of them being, my journey through conquering food and my weight.
This Made to Crave study has already opened my eyes to what I really need to crave - that's God.  No matter what else happens in my life; no matter the struggles I face in striving towards my earthly goals; no matter how my own plans turn out; I should always crave God first.

Back to the song…
Did you hear this part:

 In my words: No matter what, my focus needs to be on Praising God!  I can have these hopes and these plans, but I will always be disappointed and want more unless I'm looking at Him as my reward and my goal!

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before,
O my soul.
I'll worship Your holy name!

post signature

No comments: