Wednesday, February 12, 2014

#Truth

What is #Truth?
Truth, to me is the honest to goodness fact of the matter!  God's Word.  Through the first 11 Chapters of Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst, the Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Study, and my own reflection and prayer, God has revealed many #truths to me.  While these may not apply to you, they speak volumes to me.

In case they do speak to you, I'm going to share!

#Truths I've learned so far:


  • Scripture is my truth. I need more truth!
  • My weight is a direct reflection of my choices and my state of health.  And I am ashamed of my choices and state of health.
  • Truth is power.  The more saturated I am with the truth, the more powerful I am to resist temptations.
  • My "thing" with void is more about indulgence than filling an emptiness.  Feeling indulgent makes me feel important.
  • My key: SELF-CONTOL in ALL areas of my life.
  • Craving is a prompt to pray.
  • I can, in fact, follow a plan.  They become habits and I am good at habits.
  • I don't want to need accountability, but I do need it.
  • My best eating plan: clean eating (a diabetic diet so I don't become diabetic).
  • There is nothing in this world that is worth losing the love of God!
  • I feel empowered when I focus on my true identity in Christ.
  • There's a deeper purpose behind our disciplined commitment - it's about embracing a chance for deep and wonderful connections with God.
  • We are made for the same hope and power that raised Christ from the dead!
  • I really really enjoyed food - all of it.  But not just bad for me food.  I think the bad foods have made me feel indulgent and even a little rebellious.  AHA moment!
  • I'm never truly satisfied by food!  My only peace comes when I am aligned with Jesus!
  • I need to eat foods that fuel my body and keep it running well.  then I need to use that fuel to satisfy He who lives in me.  And because He lives in my heart, I will have a satisfied heart!
  • 2 Peter 1:3 Divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness.

  • It's so important to fill our hearts and minds with God's words and vital to make His truth the foundation not only for our identity but how we deal with food. 
  • God wants to be in communication with us.
  • Dissatisfaction gives Satan just enough room to move in with his lie that strips me of motivation: "your body is never going to look the way you want it to look, so why sacrifice so much?"
  • GOD CAN CHANGE ME
  • I can actually become one of those folks who has self-control when it comes to food and exercise.  And I want to.  In fact, I know I can!  And those people are probably healthier and more fulfilled that those "naturally skinny" people.  The prospect of being one of them is thrilling!
  • I have to establish new habits…and I am!
  • Control over my thoughts and actions doesn't belong to food.
  • I don't think I'm necessarily looking for comfort in food.  But, when I'm feeling upset or stressed, I don't want to use the brain power it takes to make the best choice.  I want the control of eating whatever I want and just not thinking about it.
So, that's it so far! :)

See what everyone else is saying about Truth on the P31 Blog Hop!  ~~~>


post signature

3 comments:

JustMe said...

Hi Mandee, I sure like your #TRUTHs. When we live by God's #Truth in Jesus we can not fail.

Happy Health!
Blessings,
Barbara P. (OBS Small Group Leader)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these #TRUTHs! I can identify with so many of them! It does all come down to believing the #TRUTH of God's Word and spending time with Him. He can help us change by His power.

- Susan (OBS, Group 50)

Joy said...

Great posting!