Monday, December 20, 2004

The Whole Point

Garry summed it up at the Christmas party at church last night..."I am anticipating spending eternity with you." WOW!!!
What comfort in those words...what hope...what joy...what love...what faith! He (and the rest of us Christians) truly believe that we will be spending forever together with Jesus Christ. And isn't that the whole point of this season?
We will out grow the clothes, break the toys, lose the earrings that we receive as gifts this year but we will never out grow, break, or lose our salvation and lasting union with the Lord. Jesus...the man and the Christ was born to insure that.
I have spent a lot of time and money making sure I have the best gift I can get for the people I care about. I have worked hard in my kitchen (and even cried) over the cookies I'm baking for others to enjoy. I have put so much in what I am doing to celebrate December 25th that I haven't taken the time to put that much (and more) in celebrating Jesus' birthday.
God, please let me understand what this season is all about. Help me celebrate your birth and life every day of every year...not just at Christmas. Let me show people how much I love them, not just with gifts and not just at Christmas. Thank you for living in my shoes and saving me from myself. Amen!!!

No comments: