Thursday, November 14, 2013

Insecurity

Have you ever been asked to do something that you feel very strongly about, but totally unqualified to do?

That's about how I'm feeling right now.

I have been asked to speak at our church's teenage girls' retreat.  The topic is insecurity, which would be my platform should I ever compete in Mrs. America!
I feel that so many terrible choices young women make are the result of insecurity.  And I also feel that women are often the cause of each other's insecurity.  I have so much to say on the subject.

However…I also feel that I am totally inadequate for this honor.  I am an insecure woman.  I do know that I have more confidence than ever.  I know that my looks aren't as important as I thought. I know that God doesn't make junk and he made me exactly the way I am for His purpose.  But, I compare myself to others.  I wish I was taller, thinner, more talented.  I don't take compliments graciously.

So how do I talk to these girls?  How do I convince them that they are all beautiful in their own way?  How do I let them know that they matter?  How do I make them see that it gets easier as you mature?  How do I keep them from being like me???


I'm asking for prayers, please!  I'll let you know how it goes :)




post signature

No comments: