Monday, May 14, 2012

Motivation for your Monday

After a plateau that lasted over 2 weeks, I'm in a much better frame of mind.  I've done some thinking and treated myself a little by eating what I felt like eating, but keeping the portions small.  I've kept up the exercise and changed it up enough to keep it interesting.
Here's what's on my mind:

  • The amount of food that I waste in a day (from ordering too much at a restaurant, but over-buying and throwing out food that went bad) is probably more than some people eat in a week.  I think about my friends in Honduras who make a 40 lb bag of beans, rice, and lard last a month for their family.
  • My relationship with food has been all wrong.  It isn't entertainment, it is fuel.  That doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy my food or enjoy a meal with friends, but the point of the food is to make my body work well.
  • This isn't my body.  God created it and has put it in my care while I'm here.  Why would I ruin and abuse a gift from the One who loves me most?
  • I'm perfectly capable of all that I've attempted and so much more.  I. Can. Do. This.
I'm sure you've heard about Claire Lomas in London. 
She is  a woman who has been paralyzed from the chest down since 2007 who decided to run the full London Marathon.  How on earth does a paralyzed woman run a marathon when I can barely do half a mile?  Go to this page and watch the video.  You will be motivated too!

No comments: