Thursday, May 10, 2012

Positive Thinking Thursday

Well, it's Thursday...
I'd love to be positive right now, but I'm having a hard time.  I've been fluctuating within the same .7 pounds for 2 weeks now.  It is so frustrating to know that I've stayed between 1200-1600 calories every day and I've worked out 5-6 days per week.  What is going on here???

Since i'm struggling, I decided to search for some positive thoughts to keep me going.

This is for life.  This isn't just about getting ready for swimsuit season in 2012.  This is about being the best I can be - the strongest, the healthiest, and the fittest.  What is lost can be found again. I'm BURNING it and it won't come out of the ashes! (OK, that was a little cheesy, but work with me!)

If I'm honest with myself, my body is behaving.  It just isn't behaving the way I want it to.  I can feel muscles in my arms. My rib cage is much narrower.  I can feel how much more muscular my legs are.  I do have a lot of fat left to lose, but it will happen.  I'm exercising to make a healthier and stronger me and it is working!


I really like this one!  I will try not to say "I am fat" ever again! 

Exactly - I have lot 11 pounds!  I HAVE LOST 11 LBS!!!
That's something to be pretty excited about.  I have reached 2 of my mini-goals and I'm on my way to another.  I have lost several inches.  I have muscles.  I'm confident enough to go to a dance class with an entire mirrored wall!!!  I work out 6 days per week and I've learned to cook new things that are better for me and for my family.  I have found ways to encourage my friends who offer me so much encouragement.  I am wearing clothes that have been sitting in my closet because they didn't fit.  I've gotten rid of jeans and shirts that are TOO BIG!!!  
I have a lot to celebrate and I'm looking forward to celebrating more!

OK...I think I feel a little better now.  I just have to figure out why I'm stuck right here and make some adjustments.  I'm thankful for God blessing me with a healthy body that can handle exercise and that has put up with junk I ate and the lack of exercise.  I can do this!  The longest journeys have the greatest rewards!




No comments: