Monday, January 07, 2013

New Year, New Challenge

Sugar Detox - who doesn't need that after the Holidays?
I ate cookies, cakes, pies, and candies like my life depended on it.  I know I can eat a healthy diet and be satisfied, but now my body is craving sugar on a daily basis.  Every night I feel like I can't survive without ice cream, M&Ms, or bread.
I know this is a result of my eating habits lately.  Time to do something!  My sister-in-law asked me if I wanted to be her buddy on her sugar detox.
First answer - no thank you!
But, I knew it was just what I need to get myself re-started.

Here's how it works:
Most fruits are ok - nothing like bananas, mangoes, or pineapples though - too high in sugar.  Most veggies are ok - no beets - not a problem for me!
After 2 weeks, I will add back sweet potatoes, whole grains, and low carb tortillas.  And I'll have a banana too!  Hopefully, the cravings will be gone and I can enjoy a treat every once in a while without binging for days!
I tried this in September, but didn't take it as seriously as I am this time.

post signature

No comments: