Friday, January 25, 2013

You may now resume reading...

I've been off the radar for a few weeks.

We've been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY since before Thanksgiving.

I visited one of my girls in Orlando, then went back for a Disney trip after Turkey day, then went back 2 weeks later for her graduation, then drove back a few days later to move her home, then took her to NOLA to learn about the city where she is about to be employed!

Sprinkle in un-decorating for Christmas, some doctor appointments, and a few Etsy orders and I've lost track of all time!

I also lost track of my exercise :(

But, I'm not committed to a half marathon in April.  April 13, to be exact.

I'm pretty excited about it!  Not only am I looking forward to a huge challenge that I never thought I'd even accept, but I'm excited about the mission of this group.  It is called Get There and Share with 413 Ministries.
Their mission is to use the sport of running to spread the Gospel!  I love it when I see people using their natural passion and talents to make a difference!  I'm looking forward to being a part of this race. From what I have read, there will be people from all over the country coming to Homewood, AL for this.  I may finish last, but I do plan to finish!

And if I'm going to finish, I'm going to have to train.  I'm in the middle of week 1 right now.  So far it isn't awful, but I'll be stepping it up real soon!  I've been researching different training plans and this one just spoke to me over the rest.

If you are interested in training, here's my schedule.  A quick google or Pinterest search will help you find others that might work better for you.  If you're able to run a 5k now, I'd suggest giving yourself 12 weeks to train for a half.  If you can run farther than a 5k already, you might need only 8 weeks.  If you have run half marathons before, I have no advice for you :)  I'm interested in training to be able to finish, not to improve my time!



post signature

No comments: