Sunday, January 06, 2013

Time to Get Real

Hi my name is Mandee and I'm addicted to The Biggest Loser.  I'v'e been obsessed with this show since it's debut.
This year, they are focusing on childhood obesity.  I wasn't sure how I felt about children competing, but now that I know how they are doing it, I'm excited!  This children have an amazing opportunity to change their lives while they are young while influencing other children and adults like me!



They got me thinking - how can I influence others, right where I am in my journey?  Part of my weight-loss and fitness goal has been to become an influence to others.  These children aren't waiting to be an influence - they are starting that way.

How can I influence anyone now?  How can I inspire anyone else to better their own health?

I started thinking about the kids in my life.

  • Do I encourage them to eat treats when they are with me?  
  • Do I use unhealthy foods to reward them or show my love for them?
  • Do I show them how being active can be fun?
  • Do I speak poorly of myself in front of them because of my own body image?
  • Do I encourage them to be healthy - physically and emotionally?


I have step-daughters, god-children, nieces, nephews, and close friends who are looking at me more than I realize.
Do you have children watching you?
What are you showing them?

I am taking steps to better my own life.  By taking this steps, I may be planting seeds in these little people that will help them avoid obesity or poor health.

I hope my influence can reach to my peers as well.  It's a new year, the holidays are over, and there is no better time to get started than right now!  I'm done with the excuses.  I'm done with the guilt.  I'm ready to get back to my healthy eating and fun exercise!  I'm ready to start feeling healthy and strong again!

Who's with me?
If you are willing to join me - whatever way you can; if you are willing to influence the children in your life; if you are willing to make a promise to yourself, comment below and tell me what you're doing!  I'll be posting some challenges again very soon!

Go get 'em!

post signature

No comments: