Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Give a Hoot - New Project

Hey y'all!
I've been MIA for a little while - traveling, getting a daughter off to college, taking care of a friend's cutie pie kids.  Writing has taken a back-burner to those things, as it should have.
But I have been busy working on a few things that I want to share; my favorite of which I want to share today!
If you know me, you know my heart lives in the mountains of Honduras at Mission Lazarus.  Our family travels there about 3 times a year and I fall more and more in love every time.  I hope to share more about our trip in July with you in a future post.  For now, I want to share an opportunity for you to help me support ML.
It's called....(drumroll, please)...

Here's how it works:
  • Think of Toms or Bobs - Buy one, Give one
  • I'm making one of a kind owls in all sorts of textures and patterns.
  • You buy an owl (small, medium, or large) and I make a coordinating small owl toy to give to a child in Honduras.  (get it?!?!  GIVE a HOOT!!!)
  • The owl for the child will be delivered by me on my next trip that involves food and clothing distribution.
  • I'm really excited about having a sewing circle at church with women and girls.  We can teach the children to sew and maybe a little more than that too!  They will help me stuff and close the owls that will be delivered.  The children at church love to be part of the Honduras mission too!
My first Owl was for my daughter, a freshman in college.  I had scraps leftover from making pillows for her bed and knew I wanted to make an accent pillow with it.  That's how the owl was born!




Here is part of the clutch?/flock?/whatever a group of owls is called.  Each one has a name - and you get to name the donated owl!

And here is my etsy page, where my little friends will soon appear!  Don't forget, every owl you buy means a cute little Honduran kid gets a new toy!!!




post signature

No comments: