Tuesday, October 16, 2012

GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL #4!!!

OK, people.  I have lost 20 pounds!!!  20 pounds!!!

That means I have reached the 4th goal.  The reward for this goal was getting my hair did.  I seriously considered coloring my hair, but that requires up-keep and I'm not really into that.  Besides, my husband is opposed to changing my hair color, so that confirmed it for me - no color.

Since it has been a YEAR since I even got my hair trimmed, it had gotten very long.  I've also had plenty of time to think about what I want my hair to look like.

I've had a lot of compliments on my long hair and I like it long, so I knew I was sticking with long.  I had found a few pins on Pinterest that I showed to Marlow at Sanctuary*, where I got my hair did.
*If you live anywhere near Homewood, Alabama and want to be pampered, go there!  It feels like, well, a sanctuary, without being stuffy.  The entire staff is so nice and so talented!

I am fully aware that I have nowhere near the hair (or stylists) that are in these pictures, but I like that look.  Marlow is magical, so he said "got it!" and started cutting!

Here is me being smiley after...
Still long, but much healthier!

And here is before and after from the back...

Doesn't look too much shorter, but so much healthier!








2 comments:

Kirstin @ Hello Kirsti said...

Congrats on the reward of all your hardwork and smart choices!!

Mandee said...

Thanks, Kristin! It is slow-going, but I'm going!