Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Name That Slow Cooker Chicken Dish

My method of cooking is to either loosely follow a recipe or dump things in a pot as I go.

Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.  Sometimes I'm a little sad while I eat dinner.

Last night I was pleasantly surprised!  Here's my very own recipe:

1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 1/2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp chili paste (more or less depending on how much heat you like)
1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 tsp ground ginger

1. Dump all ingredients into a 2 quart crock pot.
2. Cook on high for 3 - 3.5 hours.  You could probably cook it on low for 5-6 hours.
3. Eat it.

*Serving suggestion: pour the juice into a pan over medium heat.  Add baby spinach and stir until wilted.



I served mine over fresh baby spinach and poured some of the juice over it to wilt the spinach a bit.

I don't know what to call this recipe.  Asian Chicken is too plain for me.  Suggestions?

Nutrition info:
Servings: 2
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 1/2 of juice
cal: 238
fat: 3g
sodium: 786 mg
carbs: 30g
protein: 50g



No comments: