Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dish Soap


In my attempt to save money and get healthy, I've been searching Pinterest for natural alternatives to the expensive and potentially unhealthy products I buy at the store.  One of those things is dish washer detergent.  Now, I'm pretty picky about what I use.  I've always been a strictly Cascade girl.  It is the only detergent that got all of the dishes clean in our cheap apartment dishwasher.  But I hate buying it.
I found a recipe on crazy craft bugs blog.  So far, I like it, but not as much as Cascade.  Its going to take some getting used to.  I've tried vinegar in the rinse agent dispenser, but my dishes still seem a little cloudy.  Any suggestions?
The only other complaint I have is my own fault.  I mixed it all up in a canister that isn't air tight enough.  I'll make the next batch in a jar with a lid that twists off and on.  That seems to be air tight enough for my laundry soap I've made.

No comments: