Thursday, March 29, 2012

Positive Thinking Thursday

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Friends.

No, not those Friends.

I've been thinking about all the friends I've had in my life.  Growing up, I always had at least one "best" friend, a close circle of girl friends, and several other circles of friends I fit into.  Sometimes those circles changed.  It was hard to grow apart sometimes, but there was always another group of people I gravitated towards then.
I went to a fairly small school for college.  I was in a sorority, so I lived with 64 of my closest friends all the time.  I was close to people in my department and I felt like I knew almost everyone on campus.  Friends were everywhere all of the time, whether you liked it or not!  I liked it.
I get along with people fairly easily, so I've always had friends at work.  No matter where I worked, there were people that I would spend time with outside of the 40 hours we put in together.
I've always had a lot of friends, but I haven't always had deep relationships that included complete trust and unconditional love. With the exception of a few people, I haven't experienced that much in my life. I didn't realize it until I started to take inventory of the friends I've got now.
I don't fit into the "Mom" groups where friends are usually made at my age.  I don't have a job outside of the house, so I don't have "work" friends.  I am not really part of any clubs or organizations, other than a fabulous church.  In spite of all that, I have amazing friends.
I have friends who I can trust with my problems and fears.  I can trust that they won't talk about it with anyone else.  And I can trust that they will support me and pray for me.
I have friends who are as nutty as I am :)  I can just be myself and I don't feel that I'm being judged.  They "get" me.  I don't know a better way to describe that.
I have friends who understand me.  They have been through some of the same things I've been through and they don't mind sharing the burden sometimes. They can empathize with me.
I have friends who love the Lord along with me.  We may not agree on everything, but we can agree that we love because He first loved us.

So, if you're one of my friends, thank you!  I love you!








No comments: