Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Top 5

I've posted a lot about my journey into weight loss and fitness.  I've had some temptations that were difficult to say no to.  I've had several days when I've wanted to give up.  And I've had times when I ate the wrong thing or didn't make time for my work outs.
But I keep coming back.
I keep working.
I move on.
I keep surprising myself with my determination and self-control; neither of which I've ever had much of when it comes to this.
I can't put my finger on one single thing that has helped me.  I've just made up my mind and put several things in place to give me inspiration when I need it most.

So, here are my top 5 ways to stick with it!
1. Tell everyone you know that you are trying to get healthy.  Ask them to hold you accountable and encourage you.
2. Create your own online tool.  I have found a deep love for Pinterest.  I have a board dedicated to getting stronger.  I pin exercises, workout gear, and inspirational quote.  I even started following Jillian Michaels so I could find her videos easily.  Any time I need a pick-me-up, I refer to my STRONG board.

3. Once I spread the word that I would be getting my booty in gear, I had several friends share the same thing with me.  We all want somebody on this journey with us.  I started a private page on FB to share our tips, tricks, struggles, and victories with each other. I started posting my daily workout updates.  Now I know I have to answer to them if I skip my work out!
4.  I have 5 pound goals.  For every 5 lbs I lose, I reward myself.  For example, after my first 5 pounds, I let myself get a professional manicure.  That means I couldn't get a manicure until I had lost the weight.  My next goal is Vera Bradley.  I have a bit of an addiction and I haven't let myself buy anything since I started.  I can't wait to get my Metropolitan!
5. I blog!  I want to become an inspiration to other people.  I want to honor the inspiration I've received from others by passing it on.  I can't wait to reach my goals and be a success story!

What works for you?  What has been the thing that clicked that helped you stick to something?

No comments: