Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lettuce Wrap Recipe x 3

Today has been a BUSY day!  It started at 6am with the youth group yard sale at church.  I was a huge success and a lot of fun.  We just had to help out the youth group and purchase something, so I bought a baker's rack for the kitchen.  It was a lovely shade of green, so I spend the afternoon and early evening painting it Aqua Mist...more on that in another post.
After the yard sale, we went to a birthday party for a brother and sister who are turning 3 and 5.  It was so much fun!  I had a slice of pizza and fruit, but then I had to eat cake.  It would have been rude not to...right?
Then we had to deliver some furniture that was bought at the yard sale.  We stopped at Wal-Mart for some paint so I could get started on that baker's rack.  As soon as we got home, I changed into my workout gear so I could Shred as soon as I was done painting.  Well, an hour of painting turned into four!!!  So, I was starving at 6:30.  I didn't want to cook a big meal after the long day, but I knew I probably wont' be working out today, so I had to do something healthy.

Healthy + Easy usually seems impossible, but I had a stroke of genius! (Honestly, I had a bunch of produce that needed to be eaten very soon).  I had found a pin on Pinterest from Sheer Luxe for Clean and Lean Lettuce Wraps.  I had made them last week for lunch and really like it.  I do love tortillas, but one flour tortilla is 210 calories.  By swapping the tortilla for a big piece of lettuce, you save over 200 calories!

I decided to get creative...here's what I came up with.



Left to right: Greek Lettuce Wrap, Wickle Wrap, Avocado Bacon Ranch Wrap

Greek Lettuce Wrap:

  • 1 large lettuce leaf
  • 1 Tbsp Edemame hummus
  • 2 slices Deli sliced roast turkey
  • 1 tsp Greek Seasoning from Pampered Chef
  • 2 slices each of green, yellow, and orange bell pepper
  • 1 tsp feta cheese
Wickle Wrap:
  • 1 large lettuce leaf
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 2 slices deli sliced roast turkey
  • 3 Wickles
Avocado Bacon Ranch Wrap:
  • 1 Large lettuce leaf
  • 2 slices deli sliced turkey
  • 1/4 avocado sliced length wise
  • 1/2 Tbsp light ranch dressing
  • sprinkle shredded cheese
  • sprinkle bacon bits
What to do:
It isn't rocket science and it doesn't really matter how closely you even follow direction.  I lay my lettuce leaf out lengthwise and then add my ingredients width wise.  That way, you get a little of everything in each bit.  Just roll that baby up bottom to top and enjoy!  I have found it easier to eat them if you cut them in half and start from the middle. 

Seriously, I'm full!  
AND it tasted so good, I felt like I was being bad.
AND it was ALL only 278 calories.  AN ENTIRE QUICK AND TASTY, LOW CARB, NUTRIENT RICH, ORGANIC MEAL UNDER 300 CALORIES, PEOPLE!!!

Pardon me for yelling.  I'm just excited.  This will rotate through my menu OFTEN!

What ideas do YOU have for lettuce wraps?  I'd like to try yours!

No comments: