Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Desperate

Have you ever had something to tell somebody that is a really good thing, but you were really nervous about telling them? Did that make sense at all? Not really...I know. That's all I have to say about that.
So here is something that is bothering me...I have not seen the ABC show "Desperate Housewives," but from what I understand it is full of immorality. While it may be very humorous, the basic ideas and the pranks they are getting away with really bother me. Have we become so immune to these things that they have become our best source of entertainment? One part of the show that I have heard about is a woman is having an affair and her husband comes home. To prevent being caught, she sends the lover out the window...he falls and there is a wide shot of him running across the lawn...naked from the waist down. Now, please tell me how any of this is good for the soul? Such a bad example for teenagers who, I'm sure, are watching. What ever happened to family television?
Now, I'm all for freedom of speech and censorship is not always a good thing, but I do believe there is a time and place for everything. We must take matters into our own hands and change the channel...turn off the TV even! Its just sad that we are surrounded by it...it is a constant battle to keep our minds out of the gutters. We have to make a choice and its so hard when you're surrounded.
I sound like my Mom...I'm being preachy...so sorry!

No comments: