Wednesday, December 04, 2013

The Spirit of Christmas - Day 4

I'm a little late writing tonight!  I stayed up until 2  last night - can't remember the last time I did that.  TONS of FdL projects to work on this week, so I was trying to get ahead.  (I'll share some of my work soon!)

Before my late-night crafting binge, I went to an ornament swap at my church.  This is a tradition with the ladies that everyone has always talked about fondly.  I hadn't' been before, so I decided that this was the year I'd go - and I brought my Mommy!

My Mom has congestive heart failure, survived a brain tumor, and has several other health complications. So getting her out of the house is an ordeal and a HUGE treat for her!

On the way to pick Mom up, I got to drive through the arches that are up every year in my parents' neighborhood.  
I.
Love.
It.



I drive so slowly down that road at night in December.  It's just so festive and beautiful!  That put me in the perfect spirit for some holiday fun!

At church, we shared finger foods and broke each others' hearts stealing ornaments and decorative items during Dirty Santa.  The sweet ladies in my church family have been praying for Mom for years, so she got lots of sweet attention.  She had a great time!

I left with one of the most coveted gifts!!!


My friend's mother in law made it and another one like it.  I'm SO happy to have this!  It's beautiful, handmade, and simply shares the meaning of the whole holiday season!

I brought two of my towels that are listed in my Etsy shop - I hope their new owner loves them too!


I will be going to the Ornament Swap every year now!  Such fun!

post signature

No comments: