Saturday, December 28, 2013

2014 - The Year of 14 Resolutions

I don't usually make formal resolutions before New Year's Day.  I try to set small goals often and attain them throughout the year.  But, there are several goals I've had nagging at me for years now.
I've decided to give myself 14 resolutions this year - and meet them all!  Most of these goals are smaller goals that I've had every year since 2000!



1. Read through the entire Bible.  I have an app for that!  I've started several times, but I plan to do it this year.

2. Develop and stick to an exercise plan.  I've done this before.  I lasted about 10 months before I let vacations and holidays get me off track. I spent most of 2013 trying to get back on track.  I plan to include running/walking, weight lifting, and yoga.  And I want to try something new that has scared me in the past…hm.

3. Keep up with the laundry - including the ironing!  I don't mind doing laundry, but I can't stand folding/hanging, ironing, and putting away the clothes.  Clean clothes usually live in the baskets they land in after the dryer.  No more piles of clean clothes!

4. Clean eating 80% of the time.  I did clean out the kitchen not too long ago.  I got rid of refined sugars, white flours, etc.  I've re-stocked some since though.  Now that the holidays are over, I need to purge again.  We will eat clean at home and only "cheat" when we go out to eat.

5. Organize my business in a way that benefits my family.  My hobby has turned into a business that keeps me very busy.  I have been so blessed with new customers!  But I have also been overwhelmed with work-load and trying to budget my time.  I need a "work schedule".

6. This is part 2 of #5.  I need to keep better books for my business - organize money in and money out.  Am I actually making money or just breaking even?  I'm ok with just paying for my hobby - as long as I'm not losing money!

7. And here's part 3 of #5!  I need to organize my crafts.  They have taken over half a bedroom and the dining room.  I need to take the rooms back and find a way to organize my supplies and finished products.

8. I think about writing letters/cards (not emails) to people who have influenced me in some way or who need a pick-me-up.  I even have a list of people I'd like to send them to.  This year I would like to do at least 2 a month.  One a week would be ideal.

9.  PURGE!  I have clothes, shoes, kitchen gadgets, decorative items, and crafting supplies that I *might* use one day.  I'm pretty good about purging clothes every so often, but I still hold onto things I don't wear. This year, I plan to turn every hanger backwards and toss anything that isn't worn - even if I didn't wear it because I may fit in it. If I get that small, I'll want new clothes anyway!

10. Spend more time with my parents.  I see them at least once a week when I grocery shop for them, but I need more intentional time. I want to talk.  I want to write down the stories and family history they have to share.  I will wish I had done this one day if I don't do it now.

11. GIVE.  My husband is excellent at this one.  He really is one of the most generous people I know.  But I have a confession to make.  It makes me nervous.  I love that he does it.  And sometimes i get credit for it, but it's mostly him.  Now that my small business is making some money, I'd like to give some of that away.  Maybe I can give more of my time?

12. I like to read fun books, but this year I'd like to read more non-fiction.  I love to learn, so I need to read more to learn!  1 non-fiction book a month!  Any suggestions?

13. Limit media time.  This one is rough.  I LOVE Pinterest, FB, Instagram, Etsy, etc.  I need to set limits on the amount of time I spend on each of this.  I'll set a timer when I sit down at the computer.  And limit the netflix time!  EEK!

14. Nest. This one is pretty personal.  I want to take care of my family, our home, and our hearts.

post signature

No comments: