Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Spirit of Christmas - Day 7

SANTA!!!!!
I know him!!!!!!

I got to eat breakfast with Santa, people!!!

Every year at my church, we have a huge party called Breakfast with Santa.  We eat pancakes with chocolate chips, syrup, and powdered sugar, wash it down with juice and coffee, and chase it with cupcakes and candy canes!


Santa makes a grand entrance and reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas.  Then we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.

Once the kids are whipped into a frenzy, we start making the rounds to see Santa and participate in different activities.

Our group got to see Santa first!  I had to sit on his lap, of course!
Kim Brantley Photography - click photo for link.

I even got the Hubs to sit on his lap with me!  But I promised I wouldn't broadcast that one ;)  It was pretty cute - Santa made him do it!

Then we moved on to the game room!  They had a cupcake piƱata, some cupcake blowups, and a festive music.  The kids enjoyed running off some of that sugar!

Then came the present room.  They each made decorated a ball shaped ornament to look like a cupcake.  They they glued it inside of a silver cupcake liner - too cute!

We then visited the craft room where they painted Christmas trees on canvas.
Then my favorite part came when they made goodie bags for children in Guatemala.  It was sweet watching them each pack toys and school supplies into little bags.  Each child also got to color a card to add to the bag.

Last, but not least, came the train ride.  Each kid got a ridiculously loud whistle and hopped on board.  And then one dad did too - he seriously looked like Buddy the Elf in that tiny little train!

A lot of hard work went into that party.  I know the kids loved it, but this big kid loved it too!
After the party, we did some Christmas shopping and ran into all kinds of people at the mall.  Then we finally got our decorations out of storage.  They (and I) are patiently waiting for this weekend when we can decorate as a family!

post signature

No comments: