Thursday, November 15, 2012

November Thankful Challenge, the 15th

Today I am thankful for laundry, dirty dishes, and unmade beds.
I know you've all read something similar before, but it is extra meaningful to me right now.

The laundry I need to do (and ironing - curse you, ironing!) means that we have plenty to wear and keep us warm.  My stinky running clothes remind me that I am working hard to reach a goal.  The dress shirts that need to be ironed remind me that my husband works hard to support our family.  I'm so proud of him.

The dirty dishes mean that we have plenty to eat.  They remind me that I enjoy cooking and serving my husband and family in this way.  They remind me that I am doing what I've always wanted to do - take care of my family.

The unmade bed means that we had a warm place to sleep last night and we will have it to sleep in again tonight.  It tells me that we got up to another beautiful day.

I am thankful for a Mom who took care of our home when I was child so that I could learn to do the same.

I am thankful that, as a woman, I have a choice to work hard outside of the home, but that I can be fulfilled and have a purpose being a homemaker as well.

I can't quite say that I'm thankful that I get to spend the rest of the morning taking care of these things, but my attitude is a little better than usual this morning!

No comments: