Sunday, November 18, 2012

November Thankful Challenge, the 18th

Today I am thankful for Missions.  I never thought of myself as a missionary.  I thought that would require living in a foreign country and baptizing people.  And I just didn't see myself doing that.



Now I am a missionary.

I don't live in a foreign country and I have never baptized anyone, but I am on a Mission none-the-less!

Since joining my current church over 8 years ago, I have traveled to Honduras several times, worked at boxing events, cleaned out horse stalls, sat in tense meetings, and decorated an auditorium - all for the purpose of doing the Lord's work.

Everyone how knows the Lord can be a missionary.  All it requires is a willingness to answer His call.  Is there a neighbor who needs their lawn mowed?  A stranger who needs a door opened for them?  A family member who seems to be searching for God?

If you see a need and meet it, in the name of the Lord, you are a missionary!

John 13:35 "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Just love each other, people.  That's what it's all about.  Love the un-loveable because that's what Jesus did for us.


No comments: