Saturday, November 03, 2012

Active Trainer Intermediate 5k Program

I just finished my second running program!  Seriously, that sounds so weird!  The first program was Couch to 5k.  I have NEVER been a runner.  Even when we were required to run a mile in PE every year, I couldn't do it.  I would run most of it, but either walk the short sides of the soccer field or end up walking the last lap or two.  NEVER ran an entire mile!  Couch to 5k was great for me.  I was able to run a full mile a lot sooner than I expected.  I was able to run a 5k before I even finished the program.
When I had completed the program, I knew I need something else to keep me running.  Active.com was running a special on their training programs, so I got the Intermediate 5k Program.
This program is 5 days a week of running for 11 weeks.  And I did it!  I even included a day of yoga each week for a total of 6 days a week.  Some days are built in for cross training.  I did www.Bodyrock.tv on those days.
The regular price for this program is $24.99.  That's awfully expensive as far as I'm concerned.  I have found several other training schedules on Pinterest that are just as good and completely free!  There were a few days of training that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, so I just completed the mileage required.
My speed and endurance have both improved and now I'm ready to tackle the 5k to 10k app I downloaded. I'll do that for a few weeks and then I'll start a HALF MARATHON training program!  I can't believe it myself!

   post signature

No comments: