Saturday, November 17, 2012

November Thankful Challenge, the 17th

Today I am thankful for the Bible.
I am thankful that God speaks to each of us every moment of the day through His Word.
I am thankful that I don't have to be fearful of owning my Bible.  I have the freedom to learn from the Word any time I want.

I was in the market for a Bible as a gift and I was getting frustrated in the store while trying to choose the perfect one.  Then I thought how silly it was to be frustrated by that.  It is amazing that there were 7 shelves FULL of bibles available for anyone to choose from.  Then I got to the register and was asked to donate a $5 Bible to a homeless shelter.  That got me thinking about how many people work tirelessly to translate the Bible into languages that it has never been translated into.  And I thought about how many people risk their lives just to own a Bible.

We are so blessed in this country.  I pray that our freedom of religion will remain and that this freedom will spread throughout the world.

post signature

No comments: