Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Cajun Kale Chips

So, I've heard for a while that kale is a superfood.  To me, that means it tastes funny and is too expensive. Well, I found a recipe for Kale that included the word Cajun, so I decided to give it a shot.  I used Old Bay Seasoning because it's what my Grandpa would have used!  That smell reminds me of childhood in Slidell!  Tony Chachere's would be good too!  I plan to try other flavors now too.  Maybe a greek seasoning or asian seasoning?

And I'm so glad I did!  It tasted wonderful and was actually pretty filling.  My favorite pieces were the ones that had gotten completely crispy.  I baked mine for 10 minutes because I didn't want to burn it, but I think I will bake it a bit longer next time so it's all crispy.  
Kale is now permanently on my grocery list!




No comments: