Friday, February 24, 2012

STRONG

I have an entire board on Pinterest called Strong.  It is dedicated not to getting skinny or looking hot but to becoming the best physical me I can be.  And with that, I want to become mentally healthy about my body and health.
I was a skinny little kid until I hit puberty and suddenly curves appeared everywhere.  I had a few somewhat thin moments between middle school and my early twenties, but I've spent the last 10 years wishing I was thinner.  I have tried all kinds of fads for a few weeks at a time and now I'm done!  Did you hear me?  DONE!!!
I've decided that skinny cannot be my goal. Looking hot won't change my life (because my hubby already thinks I am).  But, being healthy can change my life. And so can feeling comfortable.  And if I can get strong and accomplish things I couldn't even do at my thinnest might just encourage somebody else to get healthy too.
Between healthier chooses in my food and exercising 6 days a week, I'm starting to see a difference.  I took picture of myself (that I'm nowhere near ready to share) on February 6 and again today.  In 18 days I can already see a slight difference.  But, the biggest difference I see so far is the look on my face.  I looked so SAD in the first set and hopeful in the second.  I can't wait to see how I'm doing 18 days from now!
Here are some of the inspirational pins I've found so far:









No comments: