Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FAT Tuesday

Happy Mardi Gras!  I wish I was in NOLA with all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins celebrating today.  Instead, I'm at home feeling FAT on this Fat Tuesday.
I've been so proud of myself lately for sticking to my low-carb diet and exercising 6 days a week.  I even went on a retreat in the mountains this weekend where I was locked in a cabin for 4 days with M&Ms, chips, muffins, and all kinds of other carbs.  I didn't cheat on my diet once.  I'm on Day 13 of an exercise program and I haven't missed a work-out yet.  I've had more energy and felt stronger.  It has been a great 2 weeks.


Until today...

For some reason, my weight is up, I feel bloated, I want to eat a giant bowl of cereal and follow it with a loaf of french bread.  I'd also like to eat an entire King Cake, including the baby.

What's up with that???  I'd love to hear from other people who have done the low-carb route.  Is it normal to go up in weight after a couple of weeks?  Is it normal for cravings to return and the "carb bloat" to come back?  Is there something I'm eating that is sabotaging my work???
Help!

No comments: