Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Low Carb Pizza

I'm trying to make low-carb eating my new way of life, but there are some things I just don't want to give up...and neither does the hubby.  I found a pin for this low-carb pizza recipe that looked interesting.  The crust consists of cream cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, Italian spices, and mozzarella.  Sounds weird?  I thought so too.  But I'm willing to try things that sound weird in these early stages of my new culinary lifestyle.
I followed the directions for the crust carefully and this is what it looked like out of the oven!  Isn't she pretty?  I wish I had started sooner so I could have let it cool completely and dry out a bit before adding my toppings and baking some more.

I had forgotten to pick up pizza sauce at the store, so I used a jar of pesto I had in the pantry. I don't recommend that on this crust.  It was way too oily and the flavor of the crust would be better complimented by plain pizza sauce.  I topped it with turkey pepperoni and canadian bacon.  I added some olives to my side too and then covered it with cheese. 

The hubs ate half of this!  I loved the crust, but not the toppings I chose.  I think I'll go with pizza sauce and more veggies next time.  

I WILL be trying this again!

Here is what the recipe picture looked like:

No comments: