Saturday, February 04, 2012

Shrimp Recipe

I LOVE shrimp!  It can be cooked quickly and in a variety of ways.  They are pretty healthy too.  I'm always looking for new ways to use shrimp in our meals.  One of the recipes I found on Pinterest was for cilantro lime shrimp.  Ok, so i thought it was a recipe!  I pinned it and clicked on it later when I was ready to make my grocery list. I was so sad to find that it wasn't a link, but just a lonely picture.  I googled several recipes for cilantro lime shrimp and didn't find anything with that picture.  I just used what I found and created my own.  I left out the peanuts and didn't grill it, so I guess it's just Cilantro Lime Shrimp.



Ingredients:
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
1 lime
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
***My husband doesn't like a lot of cilantro or garlic.  These amounts can be adjusted according to your taste.

Directions:
Salt and pepper raw shrimp.  Squeeze all lime juice over the shrimp in a shallow dish and let sit room temperature for about 10 minutes.  While it sits, warm olive oil in fry pan over medium heat.  Saute garlic until it begins to brown.  Add shrimp and cilantro and cook until shrimp are pink.  Serve over wilted spinach, buttered linguine (not as healthy), or rice.

See, EASY!

No comments: