Wednesday, February 08, 2012

A new FAVORITE!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and i piqued my interest.  This blog is so cute too!  Anyway, I've decided that I am insulin resistant, which is also called pre-diabetic.  Scary!  My mother is diabetic and so was her mother.  I'm going to break the cycle and be healthier!  Anyway, this recipe fit right into my plan.
I did break a few of her rules.  I didn't have fresh basil, so I used dry Italian basil.  I'm sure fresh Thai basil would be even tastier.  I also used already ground chicken.  I think I'd like it better starting with whole chicken breasts, but it was so much easier the way I did it.  I also didn't have Thai chiles, so I used jalapeno instead.

K and I both like it.  I LOVED it!  I was easy, filling, and healthy.  I think I will make this often.  I may try out some other ways to use the basic form of this recipe with different flavors.  Maybe I'll try a Mexican theme next time. K can have it in a taco or burrito form and I'll have it over spinach again.

No comments: