Thursday, February 16, 2012

Positive Thinking Thursday

I'm seriously going to try this every Thursday.
Today I'm leaving for a ladies' retreat in the mountains with 23 other ladies from church.  It's my first retreat with this group and I'm excited!  Satan, of course, is trying to get in my mind and make me nervous about it.  Why am I nervous?  No logical reason.
But if I had to list the reasons:
1. I'm on Day 8 of my new diet/exercise routine and I'm proud of myself for sticking to it and working hard.  I'm afraid I'm going to get off track and ruin my exercise and eat junk.
2. What if I say something stupid?  I'm pretty sure I'm not as good of a Christian as these other ladies.
3. What if I don't like it?  I'm trapped!

So, here is the positive thinking...
1. I'm excited to be able to face these challenges and defeat them. I'm going to feel so good when I head home on Sunday having eaten well and gotten my exercise in. I'm going to the store to stock up on healthy low-carb food to bring with me.
2. Who doesn't ever say something they wish they could shove back in their mouths?  God knows my heart and he knows I love him. These ladies won't care how silly I am, they will know how much I love God!
3. You get what you give!  I'm going to have a great time because I'm going to have a great time!

No comments: