Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Crockpot Minestrone

I found a pin from Skinnytaste.com for Minestrone in the crock pot.  I've always liked minestrone.  It's hearty, but full of healthy ingredients.

Well, I think I got carried away when I was dumping things into the slow cooker!  I added WAY too much pasta!  The "soup" had a good flavor, but ended up more like minestrone flavored pasta salad!
Since I'm trying to be as low-carb as I can, I think I'll leave out the pasta and add more beans next time.  Maybe some kidney beans and even some black beans (and probably more celery).  I did add ground turkey this time.  My hubby offered to brown the turkey since I wasn't feeling well.  I was worried that it wouldn't be tasty since he didn't season it, but it took on the flavors from the rest of the soup well.
I'll probably try it my way very soon!

No comments: