Thursday, February 09, 2012

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

Yum!!!
I've been trying to cook only healthy foods lately.  In fact, I've diagnosed myself as insulin resistant and I've cut WAY back on the carbs, especially bad carbs - more on that later.  I've scoured Pinterest for recipes that would satisfy my family.
This recipe from Pipandebby was easy to prepare, easy to find foods to go with it, and impressive to everyone at the table.  I cooked some spanish rice for everyone else, sliced some avocado, and served low fat refried beans with it.
It had a kick to it, but not too much.  The flavor cooked all the way through the chicken (which doesn't always happen) and there was plenty of sauce left to pour over the rice and beans.  The cool and creamy avocado was a great compliment to the spicy chicken.
Pipandebby

No comments: